Among the various healthy foods we have, wheatgrass is one that has remarkable contents to help us prevent various disease, stay healthy and young. Though there are countless benefits of wheatgrass that are so clear and felt quickly, people aren’t aware of it and still not mainstream. But reading this means you are interested on making your own wheatgrass juice. And, choosing to make wheatgrass juice a part of your diet is a revolutionary choice, better spend on it than any other medicine or hospitalization, and we don’t want that to happen! So, here are the health benefits of wheatgrass.
Wheatgrass juice provides:
- Wheatgrass’ major benefit is chlorophyll, which has the ability to draw the toxins from the body and can highly fight tumors that may cause cancer. It can also soothe and heal tissues internally. Not only that, the chlorophyll in wheatgrass is high in energy – light energy, which helps the brain and body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly oxygenated environment, and has antibacterial properties, which can stop the development of harmful bacteria in the body. With these, wheatgrass can be the natural energizer and makes our skin healthy and clearer.
- Due to its anti-bacterial properties, it can eliminate bad bacteria that may cause toothache, helps prevent and heal sore throat, bad breathe, prevents tooth decay, and many more. Just gargle it with the juice.
- Wheatgrass’ chlorophyll is said to be remarkably similar to hemoglobin, the compound that carries oxygen in the blood. Wheatgrass increases red-blood cells and lowers blood pressure. Chlorophyll cleanses the blood, organs, normalizes blood pressure by dilating the blood pathways throughout the body, destroys poisonous carbon dioxide, release free oxygen and promote higher metabolism and stimulated enzyme systems.
- Wheatgrass also contains essential enzymes, whether you have a cut finger you want to heal or you desire to lose five pound, they do the actual work. The enzymes found in wheatgrass are as follows:
- Protease – helps protein digestion
- Cytochrome Oxidase – powerful anti-oxidant
- Amylase – smooth the progress of digestion
- Lipase – reduces fats
- Transhydrogenase – strengthens heart muscle
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) – present in all body cells and is known for its ability to lessen the effect of radiation and helps slow the aging of all body cells and act as anti-inflammatory compound that may prevent cellular damage as well.
- Wheatgrass juice is a powerful, yet natural, detoxifier and liver protector. The enzymes and amino acids present in wheatgrass can protect us from carcinogens like no other food or medicine. It strengthens our cells, detoxifies our liver and bloodstream, and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants.
- 30ml of wheatgrass juice is equivalent to the nutritional value of 1kg leafy vegetables.
- Among the 90 minerals contents of wheatgrass, potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium of high concentrations of the alkaline minerals are present.
- A teaspoon of pure freshly squeezed wheatgrass juice (3.5 grams) is equal to 50 grams spinach salad.
- A serving of wheatgrass can supply more Vitamin C than oranges and twice the amount of Vitamin A as comparable to serving of carrots. This makes wheatgrass one of the richest plant sources of such Vitamins.
- Wheatgrass can be beneficial externally as well. It can help relieve sunburn and may act as disinfectant.
- Wheatgrass can be used to repair hair damage and alleviate itchy, scaly scalp conditions by simply rubbing into your scalp before shampoo and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Wheatgrass is very good as beauty treatment that slows down the aging process when the juice is constantly consumed. Wheatgrass will cleanse your blood and help rejuvenate aging cells, slowing the aging process way down, making you feel more alive right away. And will help tighten loose and sagging skin as well.
How to prepare your wheatgrass juice? Well, it’s easy and simple. Here is a way to help you prepare your own wheatgrass juice.
- Trim the root ends of your fresh wheatgrass from 3 – 4 oz and rinse it well with cold water to remove any dirt or other foreign substance.
- Place your trimmed wheatgrass into the vegetable juicer and your juicer will simply extract the wheatgrass juice.
- Then, your wheatgrass juice is done. You may refrigerate it for 30 to 60 minutes as desired and/or add some variety of fruits if you want.
A little piece of advice, don’t cook the wheatgrass. We can only get the benefits of the many enzymes found in grass by eating it uncooked. Cooking destroys 100 percent of the enzymes in food. The natural it is, the better!