Leeks are those herbs belonging to the family of vegetables which has been used to treat a number of ailments. It has a sharp flavor but taste sweeter and more delicate than onions. A well known vegetable used in a variety of dishes. Moreover, its medicinal properties in healing seemed to be enhanced when they consume in a form of juice.
It is said to contain iron which help those individuals suffering from anemia, and Vitamin C engaging the body to absorb iron more agreeably.
Pregnant women could get great benefits in consuming leeks juice, particularly its folate content, which prevent babies against brain defeciencies. It is also a dietary fiber which boosts metabolism and promote digestion.
Leeks juice can be prepared from the leaves, stalks or bulb. It can slow down the absorption of sugar from the intestinal tract helping in the stabilization of blood sugar. This juice is also a good form in losing weight as it removes the stored fats in your abdomen.
Ten Health Benefits from Leeks Juice
- Anemia. Can fight various types of iron deficiency with the help of vitamin C, contents made effective iron absorption.
- Anti-inflammatory or anti-septic. A valuable aid in treating gout, arthritis and inflammation of the urinary tract.
- Antioxidant. This is an effective anti-aging agent because it enhances the immune system and make you stronger. It can also protect the eye against diseases such as glaucoma and age-related macular diseases.
- Cancer fighter. By adding moderate amount of leeks into your daily diet, it helps reduces the chance to develop certain cancers such as colon, prostate and ovarian.
- Digestive Health. Due to their fiber content, it helps regulate the function of our intestine. And by aiding digestion, good bacteria were able to repopulate in the colon.
- Good for Diabetic people. Several nutrients had discovered in leeks juice which assure the sugar in the body metabolized properly by the presence of folate and pyridoxine, same as in manganese and iron.
- High blood pressure. Leeks juice were highly recommended for people suffered from high blood pressure because it is rich in potassium, which promotes diuresis, in form of lowering and regulating blood pressure.
- High in Cholesterol. One of the most advantages in consuming leeks juice is that, it improves your lipid profile and could be able to reduce the LDL cholesterol levels, while raising up the HDL cholesterol levels. It has been said that regular intake of leeks will lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Nervous system. Leeks juice improves the memory, concentration and brain ability to digest information as well. In order to function the nervous system well, folic acid, phosphorus and magnesium are needed.
- Purifying Action. Probably, leeks juice has a purifying effect since it helps eliminate toxins from our body by enhancing the cleanse of the colon.
Leeks have been known for its sharp flavor, that is used for medicinal properties. But it is excellent in treating different range of disorder simply by juicing! Try it out!